My first observations:
- The UI is ultra cool. Makes me want to use word 2007 all the time
- The default font wasn’t Times New Roman anymore. This “calibri” font is real nice on screen!
- You have a “Save As” PDF option. You can publish to a PDF file straight from Word. No plugins required anymore!
- The default file format is .docx – the new XML based file format,
- You can write a post for your blog in word, and have it published at blogger. That’s what I'm doing right now!
- Creating tables, ‘Smart Art’ the “roll over to get a live preview“ feature, the page layout “themes”– They just rock!
- Lots of features that were hidden below menus are now exposed in the toolbars – and to avoid cluttering of too many tools, they have put them neatly under different tabs. Neat!
- Select some text, and a mini format toolbar popups up just along the text. And unless you want to use it, it stays out of your way, as a semi transparent popup.
- Press ‘Alt’ and every control in the UI that has a shortcut shows the shortcut key combination to be pressed in a small layer above the control itself.
And many more!
Just like IE 7 and Win Media Player 11 beta, the classic File menu( that’s what they call it ) has been hidden.1
I’ve just gone tried out MS Word 2007- am yet to check out Excel and Powerpoint. This is just too impressive.
Check it out here - <http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/default.mspx>
And ya, the page has a splash animation, using Flash
Post a Comment